Redu Space Services (RSS) is a very dynamic company in the space sector, highly specialized in space programmes that involve the operation and delivery of advanced satellite communication systems and services with a strong focus on their customization. RSS employees’ have been working for the European Space Agency (ESA), institutional and commercial Customers in the space sector for many years. Based on this relevant experience, our company strategy is focused on key areas in which our knowledge sets us apart from the market and can help our customers in their daily operations and in the development of new solutions and services to meet their stringent challenges.
Redu Space Services (RSS) has a vacancy for a member of the Maintenance Team at the ESA Security and Education Center (ESEC), in Redu in the Ardennes region of Belgium.
The Maintenance team provides support services to the various projects. They are primarily responsible to perform the preventive and corrective maintenance of various antennas and subsystems, electronic / RF equipment, security systems (CCTV, access control systems, intruder detection system, Fire Detection equipment). The Maintenance team has a regular interaction with other RSS teams and with the customers to fulfil the Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements. As a member of the Team you will report directly to the Maintenance Team Leader.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for preventive maintenance on assigned equipment, including detailed and accurate documentation, in accordance with Belgium standards
- Maintain logbooks and preventive maintenance procedures up to date
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, including reporting, on assigned equipment or systems to ensure it operates in a safe, timely, effective and efficient manner
- Execute work orders and follow up within defined timeframes
- Properly prioritizes workloads and manage time effectively with minimal supervision
- Be accountable for clear and effective communication with clients and suppliers
- Perform testing procedures and participate in new systems acceptance, if required
- Generate technical documents like spare and repair requests and anomaly reports in due time
- Support RSS IT team by taking care of IT networks physical cabling (CATx, Optical Fibers…)
- Domains of activities:
- Video Surveillance Systems
- ACS- Access Control System
- IDS – Intruder Detection System
- Fire Detection System
- Electro-mechanical activities such as antenna, servos, etc…
Ideal candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor in electromechanics or electrotechnics;
- At least 2 years as a maintenance technician;
- Must hold or be able to obtain an active security clearance from the Belgian NSA;
- Good analytical skills;
- Strong motivation, capacity of learning and problem-solving minded;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Basic Knowledge of AutoCAD/Visio;
- Radio frequency knowledge would be considered as an asset
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Team worker/ autonomous / result and customer oriented
If you wish to apply for this job opportunity, please submit your application.