Redu Space Services (RSS) is a very dynamic company in the space sector, highly specialized in space programmes that involve the operation and delivery of advanced satellite communication systems and services with a strong focus on their customization.
Redu Space Services (RSS) has a vacancy for a member of the Navigation Team at the ESA Security and Education Center (ESEC), in Redu in the Ardennes region of Belgium.
The Navigation team provides engineering and operations services in the scope of Navigation projects such as GALILEO and EGNOS: currently supporting GALILEO In-Orbit Testing (IOT) Services, GALILEO Hosting Services and EGNOS Hosting Services.
The Navigation Team has a regular interaction with other RSS teams and with the customers to fulfill the Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
As a member of the Team you will report directly to the Navigation Team Leader.
Ideal candidate profile
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Operate the In-Orbit Testing Infrastructure to deliver the service (including reporting) to the Galileo Service Operator;
- Participate actively in technical investigations (Ground and Space segments);
- Propose improvements and innovations to existing infrastructure and tools;
- Set-up a RF measurement test bench (with tools development);
- Develop the Navigation skills within the team;
- Document the developed tools;
- Implement post-processing techniques, including methods such as FFT, interpolation, sources separation;
- Assist the Navigation Team Leader in operations, commercial offers and improvements strategy;
- Participate in the future missions’ development;
- Provide support to RSS in projects and activities related to your domains of activities;
- Provide ad-hoc support as requested by the company management to play a key role in service delivery.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Master of Engineering in Telecommunications/Electronics;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of French is an asset;
- Good understanding of RF link budget, satellite communications and noise in telecommunication;
- Knowledge on RF instrumentation such as Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and Power Meters is considered as an asset;
- Good understanding of the underlying measurement principles with ability to identify their limits and potential impairments;
- Basics in Satellite Ground Station Infrastructure and Calibration Techniques;
- Knowledge of concepts such as phase noise, group delay, EIRP, antenna pattern cross-polarization discrimination, IPFD, intermodulation and interferences;
- Development capabilities in different programming languages such as Matlab, Labview, VHDL or Python and adaptation capabilities to rapid development languages/tools such as Agilent VEE;
- Proactive problems solving attitude;
- High level of motivation, proactivity and consistency are essential, high capacity to adapt and react to different kinds of situations in the operational environment, self-driven with high flexibility and good communication skills, strong learning capacity;
- Reporting capabilities;
- Ability to operate in a multi-national team organization;
- Interfacing with national and international operations stakeholders;
- Good team spirit and communication skills;
- Customer oriented.
The candidate shall act respecting the RSS Values & Behaviors for the company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
If you wish to apply for this job opportunity, please submit your application letter and CV y email