HERITAGE + INNOVATION
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, located in Luxembourg, is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented Mechanical Design Engineer with space experience to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative product.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will help to develop high-quality low-cost space robotics solutions by designing, building, and qualifying flight models for a low-cost manipulators and end effectors. You will aid in the design, test and integration of activities throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Collaborate with electrical and robotics engineers to package complex electromechanical systems
- Create 2D manufacturing and technical assembly drawings, as well as project-level documentation
- Design mechanisms and structures for robotic arm end effectors while balancing cost, schedule, and technical requirements
- Optimize mechanical design of end effectors and lead analysis to improve performance and reliability
- Perform fast-prototypes for quick validation of design
- Specify, select, and acquire necessary components required for mechanical designs
- Travel Required- Up to an average of 10-15%
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three years professional experience
- Fluent in English (additional language(s) is an advantage)
- Must be willing to relocate or travel to our Luxembourg office location
- Previous experience of a space mechanical hardware delivery to customer
- Demonstrated skills in rapid prototyping, CAD, and quick turnaround manufacturing
- Demonstrated test and analysis feedback expertise (to inform post-test measures)
- Strong understanding of aerospace materials, coatings, and adhesives
- Experience gathering technical requirements and developing technical specifications and documentations
- Experience with multiple space missions (is an advantage)
- Expertise in both thermal & mechanical design (is an advantage)
Redwire Space Europe, formerly Made in Space Europe, is a business unit developing affordable robotics for space as the leading provider of on orbit servicing elements and in space manufacturing services to the global space market. The company’s key products include robotic subsystems for low earth orbit, geostationary orbit and lunar surface operations.
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration!
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace