Building humanity’s multiplanetary future.
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics circuit boards, harnessing, mechanical design, testing, and production of the first 3D printed rocket! The Avionics Mechanical team designs and develops avionics enclosures and support structures that can survive the extreme environments of our launch vehicle. We deliver robust, manufacturable designs that leverage both traditional and additive manufacturing.
What you’ll do:
Design, analysis, and test/validation of mechanical hardware to package and integrate avionics products across the launch vehicle. Own the mechanical interface between electronic circuit boards (PCBAs), supporting structure, and primary structure.
- Determine mechanical architecture of electromechanical housings (e.g. boxes), integrated and secondary structure (e.g. trays) with preliminary sizing for loads, vibration isolation, thermal management, and wire harnessing
- Detailed design (including modeling and drawing creation) with considerations for manufacturing, test, and leveraging additive technology
- Rapid prototyping and development testing supported by detailed analysis, through production fabrication, assembly, installation, and qualification.
What you need to know:
- 2-5 years of experience in a full cycle mechanical design engineering role
- Experience with structural and thermal analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD software
- Experience contributing to complex technical projects requiring coordination across multiple teams
- Demonstrated project ownership and accountability
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge of design for additive manufacturing
- Experience with design for vehicles
- Experience with FEM Analysis software
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.