Building humanity’s multiplanetary future.
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
- This team owns all software running on the Vehicle, plus ground side Vehicle Proxy, and sim environments like HITL and HOOTL. They would be taking leadership of a team that consists of top talent from SpaceX, Google, Disney, Twitter, and Neuralink.
What you’ll do:
Lead a flight software team that is responsible for development of:
- Real-time software running on our flight computer
- Guidance, navigation, and control algorithms
- Vehicle controls like tank pressures and engines,
- Firmware that runs on dozens of custom Avionics hardware
- Hardware-in-the-loop testbed
- Hardware-out-of-the-loop testbed
- In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring this team executes on software deliveries for Terran-1, interfacing with key stakeholders like the GNC, Propulsion, and Vehicle teams.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for building an org strategy for how this team will grow and scale to allow the company to move flight software out of the stereotypical Aerospace mold. This will be a key strategic role for our success in making Terran-R the world’s most advanced rocket.
What you need to know:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineering managers
- Familiarity with firmware or other low-level software
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with modern C++
- Familiarity with containerization and deployment technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Demonstrated ability to lead software teams that deliver on company critical milestones and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead through other leaders on your team
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and execute on projects
- Demonstrated ability to plan organizational roadmaps and hiring strategies
- Familiarity with other modern languages like Go and Rust