Building humanity’s multiplanetary future.
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Integrated Software team is responsible for developing a wide array of software across the entire company. This includes controlling the rocket from launch pad to orbit, providing real-time control systems for engine testing, structures testing, and launch facilities, and lastly (but certainly not least) creating our factory of the future with our proprietary 3D printing technology. This team is at the forefront of driving Relativity Space towards our mission of a multiplanetary future, from changing how we manufacture rockets to how we fly them.
What you’ll do:
We are expanding our Integrated Software team! As the Sr. Embedded Software Test Engineer, you will have a key role in ensuring the proper testing of our components, as well as contributing to the testing of the sub-systems and launch vehicle. This will include the development of a test infrastructure for component testing, including automation frameworks to parallelize test campaigns, scripting to define tests, as well as simple GUIs for command and monitoring. These developments will also be used for higher level assemblies across our organization.
This Sr. Software Test Engineer position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the testing of our avionics hardware, and the transition from initial development testing to full rate production test. This position and role will include testing sub-assemblies, testing at the test site and supporting launch.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline + 4 years of relevant experience
- Developing test automation frameworks
- Experience in hardware/embedded systems testing
- Expert in Python, or similar object oriented language
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience developing tests to support hardware and environmental testing
- Demonstrated experience developing test infrastructure to ensure the proper and thorough test of components and systems
- Background of developing bring-up tools to support preliminary testing during development
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience in UI tools like Qt, or other front-end tech stacks like React + Node.js + Typescript