Building humanity’s multiplanetary future.
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Integrated Software team is responsible for developing a wide array of software across the entire company. This includes controlling the rocket from launch pad to orbit, providing real-time control systems for engine testing, structures testing, and launch facilities, and lastly (but certainly not least) creating our factory of the future with our proprietary 3D printing technology. This team is at the forefront of driving Relativity Space towards our mission of a multiplanetary future, from changing how we manufacture rockets to how we fly them.
What you’ll do:
Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. As a Software Engineer on the Integrated Software team, you will help push us towards this goal by contributing in many areas. The core responsibility will be to work with our Avionics, Guidance, Navigation, Control, and Propulsions team to develop complex mission critical flight software. In this capacity you will also be expected to contribute to both flight and ground software that is critical to mission success.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related technical field and 2+ years relevant experience in software development.
- Proficient in C++, and/or other object-oriented languages.
- Proficient in algorithms and data structures.
- Proficient in developing software for Linux or other Unix-like operating system.
- Experience with software development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience with micro-service architectures.
- Experience with systems-level programming like synchronization primitives, memory management, etc.
- Experience with different inter-process communication methods.
- Experience with Python.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.