A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges.
School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow (RF) to work in our project on High Altitude Platform based Relays for Hybrid FSO/RF Communication for Satellite Communication Systems.
The project aims to integrate radio frequency (RF) and free space optical (FSO) communication for future satellite communication (SATCOM) systems and propose innovative techniques at the transmitter and receiver to counteract channel distortions such as atmospheric turbulence, pointing errors, and attenuation due to fog and rain.
- Conduct in-depth research on relaying scenarios using high altitude platforms utilizing both FSO and RF links for achieving better reliability and high speed data transmission by counteracting turbulence induced fading, fog and short range transmission
- Propose novel system models by deploying multiple apertures along with RF backup links in order to counteract misalignment or pointing errors and achieve higher capacity and reliability
- Propose innovative algorithms for switching schemes for SATCOM based hybrid FSO/RF communication considering relaying and multiple aperture scenarios for seamless connectivity
- Conduct in-depth research on physical layer security algorithms and their relative performances in the context of hybrid FSO/RF communication systems
- Innovative, resourceful and self-motivated
- A team player with good people skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PhD with sufficient research experience in the following areas: Wireless/optical communications, FSO/RF system design, signal processing algorithms, or related areas
- Good experiences in one or more of the following areas: Communication system design, optical communication, SATCOM systems, signal processing algorithms, physical layer security
- Excellent programming skills in MATLAB, C/C++, PYTHON, etc
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Good publication record in reputable journals and/or conferences
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU