NanoAvionics is a small satellite mission integrator focused on delivering new generation satellite buses and propulsion systems for the satellite applications market. With facilities in North America and Europe, NanoAvionics’ team consists of more than 130 driven and skillful employees. We have over 90 successful satellite missions and commercial projects under our belt, and we are still counting.
We are looking for an RF/EMC Engineer willing to contribute to the success of the company. In particular, you would be participating in the design of subsystems, which will be flying on-board small satellite buses.
AS RF/EMC ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Be designing RF interface boards, splitters
- Be making antenna measurements and RF systems inspections
- Analyzing and validating EMC/EMI problems and doing filter designs.
- Doing test specification for EMC/EMI measurements according to custom requirements.
- Supporting other departments – selecting optimum parameters for required link budget, help with testing setups, debugging, doing specific measurements.
WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- To know major modulation schemes and tradeoffs.
- To be familiar with error correction mechanisms and tradeoffs.
- To understand how bandwidth, power, gain, modulation, error correction, and other parameters influence link budget and data rates.
- To be able to calculate link budget given parameters and make adjustments.
- To be familiar EMC/EMI noise issue causes, debugging and solving.
- To be able to do EMC/EMI compliance requirements and setups.
- Have working experience with Altium Designer.
- Be result-oriented and proactive attitude, willingness to perform daily hands-on activities
- Be able to act and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Be capable of working alone and in a group
- Have good English language knowledge
NICE TO HAVE:
- Have experience in working with EMC/EMI issues in external laboratories
- Starting at 2000 euros gross/a month.
- The final offer will depend based on the level of competencies and experience
- Flexible work hours and possibility to work remotely
- LAN parties with CS tournaments and sci-fi movies in cinemas (yes, geeky squad, what can we say)
- Team events – airsoft, curling, parties, orienteering and much more
- Yearly budget for sports (250 eur/year)
- Snacks in the kitchen to fuel your productivity
- Paid days off if you are not feeling well
- Workshops, global conferences, industry’s meetups and trainings of your choice (doesn’t matter if you want to be like Han Solo or Luke Skywalker, just tell us which skills you wish to boost)
- Free parking, bike shed, shower, table tennis, mini-football and company merch (the basics, but nice to have)
- Oh, did we mention space? Possibly it’s your once-in-a-lifetime chance to launch your creations to space!