This role will require travel to National and International locations on occasion.
Sitec currently have an opportunity for an RF Test Operator to join our client based in Portsmouth, this is a contract role for an initial 6 months with extension likely. The pay rate for this role is £23p/hr Ltd. This role will require travel to National and International locations on occasion.
- This individual is responsible for performing electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle.
- Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using COTS equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
- Run automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
- Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
- Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
- Complete build records to comply with company quality standards.
- Automated test experience/RF measurement techniques in high reliability manufacturing / test area related to communication equipment
- Electrical and RF communication engineering and measurement techniques, working to test procedures.
- Practical / hands on relevant COTS Electrical and RF measurement instruments (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers, PNA / PNA-X and signal Generators).
Portsmouth working will initially be normal days (Monday to Friday) for a period of familiarisation, however, there is an expectation that the programme will require shift work which is typically 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Day shifts will run from 06:00 to 18:00 or 07:00 to 19:00 and nights shifts will run from 18:00 to 06:00 or 19:00 to 07:00. A shift uplift of 20% will be paid for shift hours between 06:00 and 22:00 and 33% for shift hours between 22:00 and 06:00.
Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
Night shift 22:00 to 06:00 hrs for which 33% uplift is paid
Some weekend working Saturday and Sunday may be required