RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for a Quantum Communication Engineer to work for our client which is based in Belgium. Please note that this job can be done remotely.
The European Union has the ambition to invest in the development of a new integrated, secure and autonomous space connectivity system. This system shall provide high-speed broadband availability throughout the territory of the European Union, as well as reliable, secure and cost-effective governmental communication services that support protection of critical infrastructures, surveillance, external actions and crisis management, possibly including those based on quantum technologies.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Provide technical input on technical aspects related to the provision of secure communication services based on quantum technology.
- Review the deliverables of the connectivity study.
- Review the deliverables of the other relevant external studies (in particular EuroQCI and SAGA) in order to ensure the coherence of the secure satellite connectivity study.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- Experience in quantum communication.
- At least 10 years of experience in satcom or telecom.
- Experience in working with European institution is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken,
- Organised, dynamic and proactive.
- EU nationals.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.