Forefront of our nation’s access to space and defense of our nat
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
- Act as the Transmitter Lead for ALCOR (C band) & MMW (Ka band) transmitters; provides technical support for all operations of the ALCOR & MMW transmitters.
- Provide design modifications and improvements for both ALCOR & MMW transmitters; this includes creating schematics and implementing modifications as well as directing activities of technicians and helpers to properly install these design modifications.
- Support maintenance efforts on both ALCOR & MMW transmitter; directs technicians and helpers to accomplish these maintenance activities.
- Perform testing and failure analysis of the ALCOR & MMW transmitters down to the component level; designs and implements corrective measures to prevent future failures.
- Maintain tracking and failure data for ALCOR & MMW high power RF tubes; issues periodic memos indicating spare issues and status.
- Maintain, operates and supports the MMW HV Test Stand to periodically test and evaluate MMW high power TWTs.
- Determine ALCOR and MMW transmitter spares requirements and orders parts as required; finds replacement candidates for obsolete parts and implements required design changes.
- Provide technical support to Systems Engineering and management for all ALCOR & MMW transmitter technical issues.
- Modifie and maintains documentation for ALCOR & MMW transmitters including but not limited to equipment schematics and manuals; verifies drafting changes to drawings and manuals meet engineering requirements
- Support the safety program to ensure a safe workplace for all transmitter personnel.
- Write weekly reports conveying transmitter developments and issues/problems to management.
- Provide email correspondence with tube vendors and other suppliers as required.
- At appropriate times, must make inputs about performance of junior engineers, technicians, and field engineers; possesses no hiring/firing authority but at times will act in a supervisory role.
- Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of transmitter architecture.
- Extremely knowledgeable on the use and operation of transmitter amplifiers to include: Klystrons,
- Travelling Wave Tubes (TWT’s), Vacuum Tubes and transistor devices.
- High voltage design techniques.
- High degree of demonstrated ability to effectively use high power RF measurement techniques and perform high voltage troubleshooting.
- Design familiarity with switchgears, analog and digital control hardware and RFI shielding practices.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to assist in development of junior engineers and technicians.
- Ability to lead various disciplines in the completion of projects that may sometimes be technically complex.
- Full understanding of the unique safety issues associated with working at high power RF and X-radiation levels that are common in this work environment.
- Familiarity with software such as RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, Matlab is desired
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 10+ years radar transmitter experience including: High power RF measurement and high voltage troubleshooting.
- Field installation and testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing.
- Allen-Bradley hardware (PLC-5 and I/O modules) or similar process controller experience.
- Hardware Design and development engineering.
- Mission Operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- This position is accompanied.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, beach access, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling and golf course.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace