Serve on the forefront of our nation’s access to space and defen
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
- Support the Reagan Test Site (RTS) as a Huntsville-based RTS Operations Center (ROC-H) Software Engineer Senior.
- Work in a team environment to design, code, test, document, and deliver new and modified functionality.
- Coordinate with software engineers, testers, configuration management, and system engineering to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- Assist with the development of complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide the most appropriate technical solution.
- Work to identify and resolve Risk Management Framework (RMF) findings.
- Solid knowledge and proficiency with software development using Java, Python and Linux C++.
- Proficiency with the Linux operating system.
- Proficiency with configuration management systems (svn or git preferred).
- Proficiency with Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Eclipse).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks; self-starter.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize, and execute projects.
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast paced environment with time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fundamental knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL, Maria, Oracle).
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related engineering degree.
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a Software Engineer in a software development environment; a related Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Experience with software development processes.
- Experience applying object-oriented programming knowledge to complex software architectures on the Linux platform.
- Experience providing inputs to complex project proposals within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification (e.g. Security+ce) obtained within six months of hire.
- DoD Approved 8570 Computing Environment (CE) (e.g. Linux+ce) certification obtained within one year of hire.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
What We Offer:
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.