Serve on the forefront of our nation’s access to space and defen
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
- Support RTS (Reagan Test Site) Space Surveillance Operations & Range Missile Testing in a demanding real-time environment involving new space launches, near earth and deep space satellite tracks.
- Operate remote radar sensors using acquisition and tracking consoles and ensure accuracy of analytical and statistical data collected.
- Operate UNIX and Linux PC computer systems and a dedicated communications Message Processing System.
- Assist Systems and Software Engineers with daily radar operations and maintenance, testing, design, and development, adjusting parameters for desired track results.
- Maintain the safest and highest quality operations, while operating a unique, sophisticated, high power radar suite.
- Assist Systems and Software Engineers in daily calibrations, troubleshooting, repair and the critical testing and evaluation phases of significant improvement modifications to the Site radar systems.
- Support research, design, development, and testing that lead to improvement in Radar tracking concepts.
- Perform specific tasks and record engineering data on Radar testing results.
- Follow specific instructions in conducting a variety of tests while operating radar systems and adjusting parameters for desired track results.
- Complete Engineering Technician IV level on-the-job training within nine (9) months of hire date.
- Ability to provide backup to team members in the supervising of operations and training performed as required after completion of the Level IV on-the-job training in Space Surveillance Operations.
- Contribute to the delivery of finished MMW/ALCOR data products and support data processing as may be required.
- Follow well defined methods including use of advanced engineering algorithms and adapt standard procedures and system configuration with advice from engineers.
- Support documentation of Space Surveillance Department Operational Procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of analytical and statistical data.
- Support potential TDY travel for mission operations.
- Perform safe diagnostic system checkouts to confirm operational results of repairs to remote radar equipment.
- Assist with on-the-job training for new hires during their first nine (9) months of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively follow well defined scientific methods including advanced engineering practices and algorithms.
- Basic understanding of RF and Microwave transmitters and receivers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding, real time environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to consistently communicate in a professional manner, with courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to operate radar consoles and computer equipment in military and/or civilian environment supporting Space Ops, Radar Ops, Air Traffic Control, or Satellite Control preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge and skills based on previous Space Operations and Radar Operations preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related formal military or civilian training, including two (2) or more years of experience in a military or civilian environment in one of the following: Space Operations, Radar Operations, Air Traffic
- Control, Aviation Radar Electronics, Optical Tracking, Telemetry Operations or Satellite Control.
Ability to successfully complete nine (9) months of RETS Space Operations on-the-job training.
- Experience supporting real-time subsystem level troubleshooting, preferably with remotely located engineering personnel.
- Experience adapting standard procedures and system configurations effectively with guidance from remotely located engineers preferred.
- Previous Space Operations and Radar Operations experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work additional shift hours, weekends, and holidays to support a 24/7 operation, specific projects and/or mission requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
What We Offer:
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.