RGNext is a joint venture between Raytheon Company and General Dynamics Information Technology. Our world-class workforce provides expertise in technical services, engineering, communications, meteorological services, systems operations, maintenance and sustainment, ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations, cybersecurity, information technology, logistics and many other strategic and specialized business functions.
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities like this one!
- Inspect, troubleshoot, adjust, align, repair, refurbish Optics Prime Mission Equipment (PME) and associated support equipment using optical test and measurement workstations in a Lab environment
- Perform Depot related repairs and refurbishments on Optics utilizing mechanical drawings, electrical/electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering sketches, Technical Orders, and vendor/shop manuals
- Provide skilled support to Optical equipment installations, modifications and removal projects
- Perform PDM’s, UDLM’s and EDLM’s on Optics Range PME
- Perform other duties/cross utilization as assigned
- Training and certifications in the use of Optical analysis and design software including (but not limited to); Durango Interferometric analysis utilizing LUPI, EOI software for VIP-100, ZYGO software – MetroPro, Optikos software – Optest, Lab View, test equipment, Imatest preferred
- Factory training in Cinetel Telescope Repair and Schneider Lens Repair preferred
- Ability to perform technical repair duties of an Intermediate complexity.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision or technical personnel.
- Ability to perform system diagnostics, install and troubleshoot equipment software and hardware, and desired
- Proficient using Electro-optical test equipment and tools
- Knowledge of Optical theory, Interferometry, Wave Theory and Aberrations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Environmental and OSHA Standards
- Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Five or more years of applicable experience in Optics and Optical theory or applicable range experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements. In addition, occasional travel is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Must possess a REAL ID Federal Compliant Identification driver’s license
- Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement
What We Offer:
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, pools, bowling alleys, beach access and restaurants
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.