RGNext is a joint venture between Raytheon Company and General Dynamics Information Technology. Our world-class workforce provides expertise in technical services, engineering, communications, meteorological services, systems operations, maintenance and sustainment, ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations, cybersecurity, information technology, logistics and many other strategic and specialized business functions.
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
- Supervise the Western Range (WR) Subsystems Engineering Telemetry, Optics and Surveillance engineering team to accomplish the objectives and requirements of the LTRS Integrated Support Contract (LISC).
- Generate work assignments to ensure a sufficient number of qualified personnel are available to support engineering project schedules and responsibilities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to guide personnel in meeting RGNext standards for technical quality and customer service.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained to execute their responsibilities Oversee execution of LISC engineering processes and procedures.
- Follow LISC standards and management policies.
- Provide leadership and guidance in engineering project prioritization.
- Identify and resolve project issues and handle escalation and communication to management.
- Monitor workflow to ensure delivery of products on time in accordance with LISC project schedules.
- Prepare status reports and briefings, as required or requested, to inform management of anticipated performance problems, issues, and improvement initiatives.
- Provide recognition to employees through the RGNext Employee Recognition Program.
- Support Basis of Estimates (BOE) and Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) estimates for new engineering projects.
- Establish, monitor and adjust budgets and resource allocations
- Ensure all safety requirements are being followed
- Interface with other LISC department managers to ensure engineering support needed by the departments is provided.
- Ensure personnel use the correct charge codes for the work being performed.
- Monitor and approve timesheets in accordance with RGNext policies
- Generate annual performance appraisals for each employee
- Ability to motivate others and be a self-motivator.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Ability to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Ability to coach, resolve conflict and correct action as necessary to solve performance related issues.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management software (Windchill, ) desired.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) field of study required
- A minimum of two years of leadership experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the field of hardware and/or systems engineering, with a focus on system design and integration.
- Experience working with Project Managers to track and execute project milestone deliverables
- Experience with resource loading analysis preferred
- Flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Real ID Driver’s License required
- Willingness to travel for short duration trips less than 2 weeks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.