RGNext is a joint venture between Raytheon Company and General Dynamics Information Technology. Our world-class workforce provides expertise in technical services, engineering, communications, meteorological services, systems operations, maintenance and sustainment, ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations, cybersecurity, information technology, logistics and many other strategic and specialized business functions.
Ready to launch your career?
RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is Casual/Part-time. Schedule will be determined based on existing project needs.
- Provide project systems engineering and integration support to moderate to complex Range of the Future (RotF) assigned projects in the areas of Command Destruct, Communications, Data Handling, Optics, Radar, Range Safety, Surveillance, Telemetry, Timing & Sequencing, and Weather
- Lead, participate in and brief RotF Project Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings to ensure systems engineering and integration needs, including Architecture, Requirements, Specialty Engineering, and Test & Verification, are clearly conveyed and ensure assigned activities and milestones are completed on time
- Develop inputs to basis of estimates and proposals in support of RotF
- Analyze, develop, recommend and implement approaches to meet all assigned tasks and milestones in support of RotF
- Prepare technical documentation including briefing material and reports to communicate information to appropriate personnel including leadership and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Outstanding analytical and creative problem solving skills for design and testing of systems
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate to management and customers
- Outstanding time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external customers and provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate moderately complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team including leading teams
- Dedication to achieving outstanding customer results
- BS degree in STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Five or more years’ experience in an Engineering environment with an emphasis on Systems Engineering
- Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components and Office tool suite
- Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems engineering processes including experience working with continuous development lifecycles
- Experience working with large data centers from requirements to test and acceptance
- Experience in project management, cyber security, networking, server and systems virtualization preferred
- Familiarity with requirements management and architecture development tools preferred
- Working knowledge of launch Ranges and its instrumentation preferred
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.