RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities like this one!
- Provide field maintenance, operations and engineering support to Eastern Range metric tracking radar systems
- Implement sustainment tasks
- Analyze radar equipment, components and systems issues down to the root cause
- Recommend equipment replacement through performance/failure analysis and vendor research
- Develop and present procedures, training sessions and reports
- Provide technical direction and training to technicians during installations, modifications, preventive and corrective maintenance and as required
- Develop and teach internal training packages on all applicable systems and subsystems
- Provide support to Range Metric Systems Staff personnel
- Provide support to modernization and sustainment engineering tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Good oral and written communications skills
- High degree of computer literacy required (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Must be a team player and work with minimal supervision
- A.S. Degree in electronics or equivalent military training/experience
- Ten years of experience in electronics maintenance and/or engineering
- Eight years of experience in operation and maintenance of radar systems
- Extensive knowledge of MIPIR, MCBR, FPS-16 and Phased Array class precision tracking radar systems maintenance, operation and engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Eastern Range instrumentation, engineering standards, logistics, range processes and procedures
- Good working knowledge of Eastern Range documentation processes
- Good working knowledge of applicable test, measurement and diagnostic equipment
- Prior experience as an engineer, preferred
- Knowledge of FURUNO surveillance radar systems, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to climb and perform work from stairway, mobile and fixed service platforms up to 90 feet
- Must be able to regularly lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to travel out of the Continental United States for extended periods of time and to remote locations
- The flexibility to work non-duty hours, weekends or holidays to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Valid Passport, or ability to obtain one, required
- Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling alleys, beach access and restaurants
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program participation available, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.