RGNext is a joint venture between Raytheon Company and General Dynamics Information Technology. Our world-class workforce provides expertise in technical services, engineering, communications, meteorological services, systems operations, maintenance and sustainment, ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations, cybersecurity, information technology, logistics and many other strategic and specialized business functions.
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities like this one!
- Analyzes requests for communications services for the Eastern Range
- Evaluates the technical feasibility of service requests
- Participates in plans for expansion in areas of expected growth
- Maintains contact with outside organizations providing communication services
- Creates and maintains records of communication configuration of service
- Creates and maintains Circuit Line Record Cards and inside/outside plant records
- Provides technical guidance to employees involved in new service requests and assists in operational problems
- Provides detailed service orders to installation personnel and assist engineering personnel with new service requests across varying network topologies
- Recommends changes to operating procedures or methods to improve performance for work center
- Maintains documentation and configuration control of physical cable plant and manages government and commercial lease lines
- Performs DISA Circuit Actions and maintains history folders
- Reviews Remedy trouble tickets to ensure fix actions affecting configurations are documented
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate with operators and maintainers across multiple types of network and transport systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relations with employees and customers
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work cooperatively and solve problems in a team environment
- Be a self-starter who is able to work with a minimum of direct supervision with all organizational levels
- A.S. degree in Electronic Telecommunications or equivalent military or electronic industrial training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years of related communications systems maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of engineering and electronic theory
- Knowledge of Eastern Range instrumentation systems, preferred
- Working knowledge of VISIO or similar drawing applications
- Basic understanding of the seven layers of the Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to communicate face to face and via telephone
- The flexibility to perform shift assignments, work non-duty hours, weekends and overtime to support specific project requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling alleys, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program participation available, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.