RGNext is a joint venture between Raytheon Company and General Dynamics Information Technology. Our world-class workforce provides expertise in technical services, engineering, communications, meteorological services, systems operations, maintenance and sustainment, ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations, cybersecurity, information technology, logistics and many other strategic and specialized business functions.
Ready to launch your career?
RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
- Manage large government projects including preparing and defining the project scope of work, detailed schedules, budgets, objectives, and deliverables for projects involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Document the baseline for projects and decompose complex work activities into manageable components.
- Identify project resource requirements and coordinate directly and indirectly with project staff to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Organize project team members to ensure communication and understanding of scope, timeliness, assignments, and objectives and participate in work as applicable.
- Manage costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables.
- Perform on-going review of project status and identify possible project risks.
- Recommend and implement risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Manage project scope and change control and escalate issues where necessary.
- Notify management team early of potential technical, schedule, and budget overages or shortfalls.
- Interface with project staff and stakeholders to manage changes to the project, which may involve changes to technical requirements, scope, cost, and schedule.
- Assist and/or lead with detailed reviews of Request of Proposals (RFP).
- Assist and/or lead a team to develop technical elements, scheduling, and price estimates.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly status reporting on project performance using best practices both internally and externally.
- Assist with the development and support of local project management group processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Mentorship of other project managers on best practices within the Project Operations Group (POG) and lead Community of Practice
- Create and lead new and/or modified POG processes and provide solutions to complex issues within the organization.
- Challenge organizational processes that do not contribute to value, and deliver and illustrate better process alternatives.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the continuous improvement and evolution of processes, methodologies, and tools within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate and deliver results
- Self-starter/Team leader/Mentor/Coach
- Flexible and adaptable to different environments
- Able to use situational leadership (or Transformational leadership) skills to work collaboratively and influence key stakeholders
- High level of proficiency of all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Strong Interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in project management with at least 2 years working in an Agile environment desired
- Experience delivering large scale IT infrastructure projects highly desired
- Experience working with varying project management methodologies (traditional waterfall, agile, etc.) including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Candidate must be capable of working in an engineering team environment, participate in technical activities throughout the development life cycle of the project, and maintain a close technical involvement with all contributing developmental organizations
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Experience working with in a Department of Defense contract or with Federal Acquisition Regulations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- This position is assigned to Patrick AFB, FL
What We Offer
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.
Requisition ID: 1646