RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Since 1967, APS Aviation Inc., a member of the RHEA Group of companies, has been providing professional consulting services to all sectors of the aviation industry. We have an enviable leadership role in the Canadian aviation sector and provide a variety of aviation services to over 100 clients including government and private industry in more than 30 countries globally.
As part of our growth, we are currently seeking a Commercial Sales Executive to work as part of a team of professionals leading aviation and icing related engineering projects. Occupying a specialised senior sales role, you will be expected to sell application-based engineering solutions by translating customer software requirements into commercial solutions. You will be expected to grow the business, close deals, and increase customer satisfaction.
This position is based in Montréal (Ville Saint-Laurent), Canada, with the flexibility to be partially home based.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include the following:
- Research and recommend prospects for new business opportunities.
- Research and analyze sales options.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects, meet with potential clients to analyze their requirements and to determine their needs.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products.
- Collect and analyze information and prepare data and sales reports.
- Prepare quotations and cost estimates by studying customer-related documents and consulting with team.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional conferences.
- Build and maintain professional networks.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short- and long-term issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (BA, BSc or BCom) or equivalent, in addition to 3-5 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of software products and engineering services.
- Experience and knowledge working in product development.
- Technical understanding of aircraft ground icing research and app development.
- You must be a seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of difficult discussions.
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
- You must be comfortable speaking at all organizational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams, have excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in establishing trusted advisor/strategic consultant relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex and excellent problem-solving skills.
- You must be a strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Team player, with a collaborative mindset.
- General programming knowledge and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication in English and French.
The following would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of mobile application industry.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.