RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a SOC Operator to work in the city of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, close to Paris. The key person will have the opportunity to be part of the pioneering team of the EU Space Agency and working in Security for European Space Missions.
The SOC operator will be a member of the team ensuring the 24/7 shifts responsible for the system and security status monitoring by taking action against security threats and alerts.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Supervising the security and system status of the Galileo system using dedicated GSMC security tools (e.g. log centralisation/correlation software (SIEM), antivirus).
- Incident handling of any security alerts raised by the GSMC security tools or email by following GSMC operational procedures which cover security alert monitoring, incident categorisation and triage, incident response strategy and definition of recovery strategies.
- Operating the GSMC Ticketing System and ensuring KPIs are met by logging and tracing the full incident handling process.
- Contributing to the review and refinement of the incident handling processes in order to optimise GSMC incident response capabilities.
- Maintaining the lessons learnt knowledge base following incident closures
- Preparing the daily meeting for the GSA Operational Analysts;
- Supporting the GSA Operational Analysts in developing the information security vision for Galileo system evolutions.
- Performing all tasks respecting strict security rules.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University Degree in the relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in handling security incident, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in processing reported anomalies according to defined processes and procedures.
- Experience in working on 24/7 shifts or on on-call.
- Fluency in English.
- Organised, dynamic and proactive.
- Eligible for EU Security Clearance.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience in working with classified information is an asset
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.