Engineering the World With You
We are looking for a Satellite Antenna Support and Maintenance Operator to work within the Earth Observation segment of the Mission Control Centre in Luxembourg; specifically relating to the end-to-end mission operations of the ground segment.
The key person will coordinate from the ESA/ESEC site in Redu, working on the TT&C (S-band) and Data (X&S-band) Antenna’s maintenance and related activities during all phases of the program (preparation, routine and contingency operations). You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and strong team working in all the preparation activities and the routine operations of the LUXEOSys mission, in close coordination with the overall Mission Operations Centre and in full compliance with the customer’s needs.
The Satellite Antenna Support and Maintenance Operator will be a member of the team ensuring the 24/7 availability of the system and being responsible for the nominal ground segment operations of the satellite end-to-end system.
You will be a full-time employee of RHEA System S.A. in Belgium. While being based in Redu, you will report to the Head of the Data Processing Center (in Luxembourg).
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Participating in the installation and acceptance of the antenna systems in Redu (Belgium) and attending the related training courses.
- Participating in all the pre-operational activities of the satellite program, i.e., commissioning phase, IOT, E2E System Commissioning and Operational Qualification, including requested training attendance, as well as to the operational lifetime operations of the satellite ground segment (7 + 3 years).
- Coordinating the routine and maintenance activities associated with the Antennas Systems in Redu, for the duration of the mission with duties including:
- Preventive Maintenance according to the manufacturer.
- Maintenance procedures or those requested by the customer.
- Provision of the corrective maintenance based on so-called level #1 (Level 1 maintenance procedures 24/7) and level #2 (equipment or part replacement).
- Participating in the end-to-end Satellite Program Operational Activities:
- Coordinating with the MOC (Mission Operation Centre) and DPC (Data Processing Centre) to activate the local control whenever needed, and
- Local operations of the antenna system through the related M&C during the corresponding satellite flying passes, available 24/7.
- Additional tasks inside of the Antennas Support and Maintenance activities will cover the following assignments in routine phase:
- Supporting the MOC operators in the control and management of the entire system architecture and involved stations.
- Ensuring that all the security aspects for the H/W and S/W component (i.e., Firewall, Router, etc.) are nominal and operative.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Senior Electrician and/or mechanical Technician, Technical School Informatics’ diploma or equivalent and/or above.
- Operational knowledge of Ground Segment and related Space system management procedures, in particular for the support and maintenance operations of satellite ground segment antennas (experience in full-motion S-band and X-band would be appreciated) including configuration management, report generation based on types of equipment, performance values of the earth station equipment, handling of local and remote monitor and control, etc.
- 2/3 years of experience in the field of operations for space systems in a 24/7 working environment (desirable), expected work-shift is 16/7 within a team.
- Excellent teamwork spirit and cross-functional cooperation whenever needed.
- Motivated and willing to learn new skills and competences.
- Able to work in an operational and commercial context.
- Positive, with a focused and continuous-learning mindset.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- EU citizenship is mandatory.