Security Training Engineer (ECCE)
RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Security Training Engineer to support our cybersecurity team with their various activities in Redu, Belgium.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies and challenging security projects. If you have a passion or interest for cybersecurity and would like to join a team of cyber experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place! At RHEA you will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cybersecurity projects for ESA, NATO and the European Commission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contributing to the research and development of complex cybersecurity solutions for the European Space Agency, leveraging cyber risk assessment, security operations management and cybersecurity simulation and testing over complex systems within the space domain (ground, space and data segments).
- Preparing written material for cybersecurity training (presentation/document/e-learning modules).
- Preparing complete hands-on labs for a variety of cybersecurity topics/use cases, leveraging on a modern cyber-range infrastructure.
- Supporting the training delivery (teaching or/and technical support (red, blue, sky blue, green, white team) in cyber exercises).
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university degree in the relevant discipline OR active certifications within cybersecurity domain.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in the cybersecurity domain.
- Specialization or working experience in at least one of the following domains:
- Penetration testing
- Forensics investigation
- Malware Analysis.
- In depth knowledge and practical experience in a variety of IT and cybersecurity technologies and products on various operating systems.
- Experience with Cyber Ranges and/or cyber exercises.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (bash, python, etc.).
- Experience working with virtualized environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable (in order of priority):
- Experience with Ansible.
- Coding experience in one of the compiled languages (java, C, etc.).
- Training in teaching (train the trainer) or/and teaching experience.
- Familiarity with ADDIE model and Bloom’s taxonomy or relevant.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.