RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Why join RHEA?
We are a growing international company, with over 700 staff working in 11 countries. Our teams are involved in innovative space missions and cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems.
When you join us, you will work alongside recognized industry experts, either on our clients’ premises or in our offices across Europe and Canada. This is your opportunity to boost your career and shape the future of the space, security and systems engineering industries.
We are looking for a Senior Security Systems Architect to work in Diegem, Belgium.
The key individual will support our cybersecurity team based in Redu, Belgium, close to the European Space Agency’s (ESA) activities. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and space domains. As a Senior Security Systems Architect, you will be involved in the design, development, improvement and management of our advanced cyber-security services, as well as in the delivery of complex cyber-security solutions.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Providing senior guidance to the technical teams on the delivery of complex system engineering projects with strong security aspects.
- Providing best practice advice and guidance in the areas of cyber defence and security operations supporting incident detection, analysis and response including operations policy and procedure development, operational scenario definition, operations centre technology selection and implementation, network and host-based sensor technology selection and implementation.
- Providing cyber defence and security operations advice and guidance to technical development teams in the areas of cyber defence situation awareness concepts and requirements, incident detection, analysis and response management, visualization requirements, collaborative information sharing and relevance of security metrics.
- Performing security requirements elicitation from the risk assessment results.
- Collaborating on design of complex systems with strong security aspects, following security-by-design approaches.
- Preparing security risk treatment plan.
- Supporting technical proposal writing.
- Being involved in complex security R&D activities involving advanced concepts such 5G security, quantum communications, blockchain and complex supply chain security analysis.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area (such as Systems Engineering or Cybersecurity).
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Security Engineer, preferably in an international environment.
- Relevant experience on complex systems engineering projects, with a specific focus on requirements engineering and systems design and detailed design.
- Relevant cybersecurity experience on at least one critical sector, with a preference on Energy, defense, Maritime, Healthcare or Transportation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on a range of cybersecurity operations systems and solutions including, for example:
- Cyber Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting.
- Information Security concepts involving incident detection, analysis, decision support and response.
- Information Security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Certification and Accreditation concepts and processes.
- Cybersecurity concepts involving threat, vulnerability and risk analysis.
- Information Technology and Operations Technology (IT/OT) system security.
- Experience providing cybersecurity operations solutions in a diversity of information technology and operations technology (IT/OT) environments is considered an asset.
- A professional qualification or certification in a relevant field. Example certifications include Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certificate, Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified ISO 27001 Auditor or Implementer.
- Relevant experience as a writer/lead writer on technical cybersecurity proposals.
- The ability to build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve goals.
- Time management skills and the ability to work overtime when required.
- The ability to synthesize written content from diverse and concurrent sources.
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- A working knowledge of another language, for example Italian, Spanish, French or German.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Unique career opportunities, including working in other countries
- Personalized training and development programmes
- Flexible relocation support
- Stable company with a family atmosphere.