RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
In order to support the growth of the RHEA Group, we are looking for a Commercial Modelling and Pricing Manager to work within the Business Development Team. The Commercial Modelling and Pricing Manager is expected to provide commercial knowledge and management of all aspects of the RHEA sales process from Opportunity acquisition to contract award.
The position is based ideally in Wavre, Belgium. Other locations can be discussed.
Tasks and Activities
- Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a sales opportunity to support the winning of new business.
- Ensure that all opportunities are reviewed carefully to identify commercial, legal, contractual, and technical terms that need to be addressed and managed as an integral part of the sales process.
- From those reviews, have the ability to identify and highlight risk from tender documents/contracts and to make propositions to the opportunity owner to mitigate risks to the Company.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Development Manager, to control the tender process including bid management,
- Collaboration with the Finance team on financial modelling, bid profitability, estimating and pricing and the development of appropriate financial tools as required.
- Drafting, negotiation and agreement of sales contracts in line with the contractual framework including NDA’s, Teaming Agreements etc together with the support from the Legal and Contracts team
- Ability to design, negotiate and deliver service level agreements for the customers.
- Ensure robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities.
- Manage the procurement process ensuring that all strategies are developed and agreed and that tender processes are followed correctly.
- Developing subcontractors in accordance with contract requirements including: compliance, communications, payments, compensation events and programme submissions.
- Ensure that accurate and trusted records are kept so that all legal & financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available.
- Ensure all proposal team members understand contractual arrangements to meet Client and partner requirements
- Generate professional commercial proposals that highlight the Company’s value proposition and exceed, where possible, the distributor, purchaser, or end user’s product expectations.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Degree or diploma in business administration, management, law, accountancy or project management, or equivalent work experience gained within a business environment.
- You have a passion and track record of delivering proposals and/or projects whilst maximising efficiencies in the most cost effective fashion.
- Strong financial modelling skills and experience of developing these models using Excel.
- Experience in pricing solutions and propositions
- Strong Financial skill to appraise project returns and profitability
- Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities
- Proven work experience gained within a commercial or project management role.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and business understanding
- Prioritise and work on multiple projects as required
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience in commercial Negotiations for the IT and outsourcing industry
- Excellent written French and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the Space or Aerospace markets
INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL RECRUITER