Engineering the World With You
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Senior full stack Software Engineer to support the cyber-security team on its activities for the European Space Agency. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and space domains.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cyber-security projects for the European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contribute to the research and development of complex cyber-security solutions for the European
- Space Agency, leveraging cyber-risk assessment, security operations management and cyber-security simulation and testing over complex systems within the Space domain (ground, space and data segments).
- Support the Software Architects on the definition of the design, architecture and the related formal documentation of complex systems, following the ECSS standards.
- Use modern tools and methodologies to develop high-level and detailed software designs.
- Follow progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process, following rigorous quality assurance, security and accreditation processes.
- Implement code that conforms to performance, security and quality standards.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in in full-stack development, with a good balance between front-end and back-end.
- Strong experience with IDE such as Eclipse or IntelliJIDEA.
- Strong experience in Java (Java 9+), with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Experience with Angular (2+).
- Experience in Agile development processes and Git source code control.
- Experience in relational or document databases (i.e. PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Experience with microservices (on Docker Containers).
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in testing and validating software systems (i.e. Unit Tests, Functional Tests, Integration Tests, etc.).
- Experience with software quality and security assurance processes.
- Experience with SonarQube, Jenkins and Bitbucket (or similar tools).
- Experience on software development/architecture design within the space domain, following the
- ECSS standards.
- Good experience in SysML/UML.
- Good experience with at least one common design tool (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw).
- Experience on producing formal software architecture documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Knowledge on virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare).
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering principles.
- Knowledge on Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, SIP, SNMP, IPSec, SSL, TLS