Engineering the World With You
We are looking for a Security System Software Specialist to join RHEA Inc.’s growing team in Ottawa, Canada.
RHEA Inc.’s team in Ottawa specializes in providing security consultancy to institutions and security-conscious departments. They work to optimize client’s performance, and ensure solutions are followed through from inception to implementation.
The ideal candidate will use their understanding of software engineering and systems design to help develop security solutions for clients and provide the relevant technical support. This will include various aspects of physical security systems, to improve Door Entry Systems, CCTV and Access Control Solutions.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Identifying, researching, developing, and suggesting implementation plans and migration programs and activities related to security system products, policies, and procedures that will serve to strengthen the client’s operations.
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of long-term security system strategic areas as well as the daily system implementation operations of the department.
- Developing system-specific project management deliverables such as test plans, migration plans, project schedules, floor plans, statements of work, technical specifications, device and equipment locations and schedules.
- Developing wiring diagrams, installation models and support site implementations, supporting the updates of detailed implementation plans.
- Supporting the development of equipment support, maintenance and lifecycle programs addressing technical and operational issues.
- Testing security software applications through the development of use cases/scenarios, running the tests, reporting on the results and suggest configuration changes to meet the use cases/scenarios requirements.
- Providing technical briefings and support in requirements definition, procurement, and implementation planning phases of the project.
- Providing system configuration and programming services.
- Performing system commissioning and testing.
- Developing as-built documentation.
- Developing user-specific operation manuals.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- College or University degree in systems design, engineering or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience (preferably 10+ years) in system designs.
- In possession of, or a desire to achieve, security certifications (PSP/CPP).
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience dealing with or delivering projects within the GoC.
- In possession of other PM certifications (including PMP, CAPM, CSPM etc.).
- Ability to speak French, written and spoken.