RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We currently looking for a Satellite System Security Engineer to work for our client in the city of Prague, Czech Republic.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Provide generic security support and space-specific security support for the GSA Security Department and for the European Commission.
- Support security activities for EGNOS and other space programmes such as GOVSATCOM, COPERNICUS, Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
- Support in other space activities, to defence, quantum and general security activities.
- Participate in the implementation of cyber security management frameworks in safety critical systems, particularly in civil aviation security.
- Support to the establishment of a crisis management organisation, which could include definition and validation of business continuity plans and associated crisis communication plan.
- Provide support to project Infosec, Cyber Security, and accreditation engineering.
- Covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground and space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis.
- Perform the security risks analyses, vulnerability and threat assessments.
- Monitor the implementation of technical and operational measures against related security risks.
- Support to the security risk management process including security risks analyses, the associated risks treatment plans.
- Support the GSA and EC security management as needed.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a System Engineer.
- In-depth understanding of Satellite Systems principles.
- Good knowledge of the security and accreditation aspects of the Satellite Systems.
- Being organised, dynamic and proactive.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Holding / Eligibility for a personal security clearance.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Specific experience with any of the following space programmes: EGNOS, GOVSATCOM, COPERNICUS, or SSA.
- Good understanding of the EGNSS governance, its main stakeholders, and their respective high level roles and responsibilities.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.