Ground Station System Engineer
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Ground Station System Engineer to work from our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
This cross-projects permanent position will allow the key person to be involved in many programmes in the areas of Telecommunications, RF and Ground Stations – contributing from the design to the maintenance and V&V activities.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contributing to the analysis and the implementation/testing of changes, or reengineering that may be required based on user requirements or maintainability issues in the area of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contributing to the testing and validation of new software and firmware releases of Ground Stations systems and subsystems.
- Contributing to the remote operation and the maintenance of EUMETSAT.
- Supporting Ground Stations in the areas of:
- Monitoring & Control and S/W applications.
- Transfer protocols for the spacecraft telemetry, telecommand and mission data.
- Contributing to the planning and scheduling of the regular ground Station maintenance activities within ongoing operational constraints.
- Contributing to the coordination of investigations and rectification of anomalies reported by the operations/maintenance team and interfacing with manufacturers if necessary for anomaly correction (and verification).
- Participating in the Ground Station operations activities during critical mission phases, pre and post launch (i.e. SVT, LEOP, IOT and contingency).
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the profile together with the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar function for at least two years in the following:
- Ground stations system and subsystem design and development for TT&C.
- TT&C baseband equipment and SLE compliant implementations.
- Technical background in the specification and V&V of ground stations and large antennas and tracking systems for GEO and LEO satellites.
- Knowledge of modulation/demodulation schemes applied by Ground to Space ICD for TT&C and payload data transmission (e.g. ECSS and CCSDS Standards).
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Competence and experience in the engineering processes for managing requirements from the definition phase through the traceability, verification, validation and maintenance stages using formal methods and tools (e.g. DOORs).
- System experience with Link budget analysis and tools in S, X and Ka Band.
- Knowledge of standard RF and microwave tools and S/W package for generation of signal processing related simulations and/or semi-automated measurement procedures.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.