RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Why join RHEA?
We are a growing international company, with over 700 staff working in 11 countries. Our teams are involved in innovative space missions and cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems.
When you join us, you will work alongside recognized industry experts, either on our clients’ premises or in our offices across Europe and Canada. This is your opportunity to boost your career and shape the future of the space, security and systems engineering industries.
We are looking for an Ariane Product Assurance and Safety Engineer to work at ESA HQ in Paris, France.
The key individual will have the opportunity to support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring and assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contributing to the establishment of the PA&S requirements baseline for elements of Ariane exploitation designated project(s), in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy, producing and implement necessary plans, defining inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinating efforts of participants, and producing resulting consolidated inputs.
- Verifying that the PA&S requirements are considered by projects, demonstrating appropriate application of Management Specifications in coherence with Applicable PA & management rules.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the project(s) PA&S programme to assess their performance and effectiveness (ensuring that the PA&S requirements are properly addressed by the Prime and throughout the overall contractual chain) and proposing the necessary preventive and corrective actions, producing reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project and PA status’ and identifying relevant PA issues, including NCR/Waivers/problems/critical items and systematically tracking all items. Producing monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in project(s) design and/or safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions. Producing monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed).
- Supporting the preparation and following up of project for development reviews including organization of documentation key points, participation in Project review as Quality animator, contributing to design, acceptance (TRR, TRB) and safety reviews and activities related to any preventive/corrective action.
- Representing ESA within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances/Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc. Producing reports of participation to boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections. Producing reports on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Contributing to the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items.
- Controlling NCR/Waivers/Problems/Critical Items. Producing meeting agendas, checking that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB and that all needed participants are involved, producing NRB or CCB minutes, following-up on actions identified, ensuring proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Producing reports on control activities performed.
- Organizing, with the support of CNES support Quality and Maintenance audits, quality inquiry as necessary.
- Being responsible for project RAMS management activities status (managing CIL) and participating in safety files.
- Contributing to ESA STS PA activities within the framework of Agency’s mandate in the launcher’s exploitation phase.
- Establishing monthly Product Assurance and Safety syntheses in close cooperation with the PAM and with PA & Safety support (RAMS, technologies).
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s degree in engineering or technical sciences, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance in the space domain.
- Good experience in the launcher domain.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Unique career opportunities, including working in other countries
- Personalized training and development programmes
- Flexible relocation support
- Stable company with a family atmosphere.