Clean Space Test and Validation Engineer
RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Clean Space Test and Validation Engineer to work at ESOC’s premises in the city of Darmstadt, Germany.
About the initiative
The Clean Space initiative, implemented by ESA, aims to direct attention towards the ‘green’ aspects of ESA’s activities, both on Earth and in space. This includes adherence to current and future regulations as well as ensuring all ESA missions are evaluated in terms of their environmental impact across their entire life cycle. From space debris to space launchers and the fuel used, this initiative will support sustainability for the future by safeguarding the environment on Earth and in space.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Providing input to the procurement process of T&V work and attending related meetings on request by the head of the Clean Space (CS) Office.
- Contributing to the management of the workplan and other SD CS industrial activities.
- Supporting the organization, preparation and close-out of reviews.
- Identifying, documenting and processing software change requests (SCRs) related to delivered and existing software.
- Supporting the installation, validation and management of SCRs.
- Participating in the acceptance process, clearing final deliveries and installing software in collaboration with ICT.
- Interfacing with the S2P IT group where this intersects the deployment and operation of SD-related IT infrastructure and software and representing the CS office in coordination meetings.
- Providing support to the Head of CS office for the development and definition of plans.
- Supporting outreach activities in the CS area.
- Supporting the technical management of activities listed in the workplan, as well as under different (co-)funding schemes.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent academic degree) in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering or a similar applicable field.
- A minimum of one year of working experience with space engineering.
- Demonstrated general knowledge at spacecraft and subsystem level.
- Experience in participating in international industry contracts.
- General knowledge on robotics, GNC, environmental LCA.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- General knowledge in deorbiting systems.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.