RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer to work for our client based in Darmstadt, Germany. This position will allow you to have a broad variety of responsibilities, from the execution of FD operations and the support to FD systems evolution to the participation to Change or Anomaly Review Boards.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Flight Dynamics operations execution for the flying missions: this covers the execution of FD operations, the analysis of the operational FD performances, the maintenance of the FD operations, the contribution to the evolution of the operational FD systems and the operational validation of new versions of the FD
- Flight Dynamics operations preparation for the future missions: this covers the contribution to the development of the satellite and the GS, the preparation and validation of the relevant FD operations, the execution of related mission analysis and the participation to the LEOP, SIOV and commissioning operations up to transition to
- Conjunction Analysis operations and operation preparations: this covers the execution of conjunction analysis operations, the maintenance of the needed SW, the monitoring of the data quality and the preparation for future missions.
- Precise Orbit Determination operations and operation preparation: this covers the contribution to the operational POD operations and to the maintenance of related SW, the monitoring of the quality of the received input data, the maintenance of off-line POD capabilities, the preparation for future missions and the participation to reprocessing
- New programs development in the domain of Flight Dynamics Systems: this covers the contribution to initial preparatory phases of a Program and also the typical phases of a software development: requirement definition, design, implementation, integration and
- Maintenance and evolution of the Flight Dynamics Systems: this covers the execution of corrective and non-corrective maintenance of operational flight dynamics systems as well as re-engineering activities. This includes the actual production of the technical artefacts, follow-up of anomalies, the execution end-to-end tests or participation in the associated activities and/or the review of the technical artefacts produced as part of maintenance and re-engineering activities.
- Other tasks:
- Participate in team meetings, formal reviews Change Review Boards (CRB) and Anomaly Review Boards (ARB) where required.
- Undertake training identified as necessary to perform
- Contribute and participate to dedicated technical workshops, if requested.
- Become familiar and remain proficient with the FD, CA and POD facilities’ usage, setup and
- Prepare and provide training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other parties (including controllers, analysts and engineers).
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, with more than 3 years of experience in Flight Dynamics engineering.
- Proven working experience in the field of Flights Dynamics operations.
- Experience with the routine operations of operational systems for GEO Flight Dynamics.
- In-depth knowledge of orbit determination and control techniques for GEO satellites.
- In-depth knowledge of attitude determination and control techniques for spin stabilised GEO satellites.
- In-depth understanding of attitude commanding and monitoring techniques for three-axis stabilised GEO satellites.
- Experience with the routine operations of operational systems for LEO Flight Dynamics.
- In-depth knowledge of orbit determination and control techniques for LEO satellites.
- In-depth understanding of attitude commanding and monitoring technique for LEO satellites.
- Relevant experience with Precise Orbit Determination operational systems and operations.
- Experience with Conjunctions Analysis systems and operations.
- In depth understanding of Conjunctions Analysis principles and of Conjunction data messages processing.
- Experience with the development and/or maintenance of operational systems for GEO Flight Dynamics and/or for LEO Flight Dynamics.
- Experience in Flight Dynamics Systems development lifecycle, including: requirements engineering, architectural design, implementation, verification and validation.
- Experience in Flight Dynamics Systems maintenance activities following formal software engineering processes. This includes user and system requirement analysis, software requirements engineering, software design, implementation, corrective and evolutive maintenance activities.
- Experience in IV&V (integration, verification and validation) activities for Flight Dynamic Systems following formal engineering processes.
- Demonstrated capability to work under pressure and ability to autonomously identify task priorities.