Engineering the world with you
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work at our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Monitoring the suitability and implementation of LEO/CMD QA plans and policies and proposing changes.
- Proposing new QA related documentation (e.g. procedures, working practices).
- Controlling and monitoring the existing process.
- Generating reports on existing processes in place.
- Updating the established metrics and/or indicators.
- Proposing new metrics and their implementation as requested by the Technical Officer.
- Contributing to the organization and execution, according to the EUMETSAT applicable Working
- Practice, of the following reviews:
- Formal Reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, LORR) including Delta Reviews originated from the Formal Reviews.
- Test Reviews (e.g TRR, TRB, PTR) inviting internal and external EUMETSAT participants.
- Internal checkpoints and keypoints, as agreed by the Programmes’ Management.
- Monitoring and contributing to the Risk process by means of:
- Reports on the implementation of the Risk Management process as defined in the applicable Working Practice.
- Submission of new QA related risks as requested by the Technical Officer.
- Contributing to the Risk Registers, as required.
- Gathering lessons learnt, implemented as follows:
- Sending the Lessons Learnt template to collect Lessons Learnt as requested by the Technical Officer.
- Calling Lessons Learnt discussion meetings, collecting the gathered lessons learnt and informing the Technical Officer.
- Performing the facilitator role and taking minutes of the discussion outcomes and actions.
- Updating the Lessons Learnt programme repository.
- Providing reports to the Technical Officer on the implementation of the relevant programme PMP and QA Plan specified processes.
- Performing additional QA tasks originated in the framework of LEO and CMD Programmes development, upon request of Technical Officer.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university degree in a technical discipline and at least five years’ experience in space systems (space/ground segments).
- Experience in QA processes definition, implementation, monitoring and control.
- Experience in risk management and lessons learned processes.
- Experience in Anomaly and Non-Conformity management.
- Experience in supporting the collection of lessons learnt within a project team.
- Experience in a rational application of quality international standards (e.g. ISO and ECSS).
- Experience in managing, reporting and follow-up of procured items.
- Knowledge of project management and project planning, possibly including the ability to identify and report on critical paths.
- Experience in working on collaborative programmes involving different partners.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge.
- This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Competitive remuneration packages;
- Unique career opportunities,
- Including working in other countries;
- Personalized training and development programmes;
- Flexible relocation support.
We strongly encourage applications from all nationalities, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, men, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel to apply.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace