Engineering the world with you
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to work at our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
Software QA refers to Product and Process Assurance applied to SW components and SW-intensive systems under the Technical and Scientific Support Department (TSS) responsibility and during their development and maintenance phases. The key individual shall contribute to the implementation of TSS QA activities and responsibilities.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Attending project and technical meetings, addressing software quality and engineering aspects.
- Reviewing technical documentation (mostly at SW & SW System level).
- Providing SW Quality Assurance service to TSS engineering activities and processes, such as:Verification and Validation, including the V&V planning; the preparation, execution and closure follow up of TRR/TRBs; and witnessing of testing.
- Organization, implementation and follow up of development related reviews.
- Planning, preparation, execution and follow up of Incoming Inspections and Delivery Reviews.
- Following up of the suppliers’ quality aspects, including support to quality audits and gathering of quality related indicator.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university degree (minimum Bachelor’s) in Computer Science or a related technical field, complemented by at least three years of professional experience in SW checks and analysis, SW
- Quality or SW Engineering.
- Experience in the use of SW analysis tools such as SW Quality and IPR checking tools.
- Experience in the analysis of IPR checking results, associated risks and formulation of derived recommendations.
- Experience in the management of services called by users, acting as an interface with them and managing their requests until closure.
- Experience in the support to teams in the resolution of issues found with the checking tools.
- Experience in the creation of documentation, good practices and implementation guides for the execution of the activities and for training purposes.
- Experience in the SW & System Engineering, providing Quality Assurance support to new developments, evolutions, and maintenance activities.
- Experience in the definition, gathering and analysis of quality related indicators during SW/System development and maintenance phases.
- Experience in the provision of services.
- Experience in SW checks (SW quality, IPR, security).
- Experience in provision of support to teams.
- Experience in Coding Standards, with special focus on C/C++, Java, Python and FORTRAN.
- Experience in software development projects.
- Experience with new technologies (e.g. Cloud Computing, Docker) and development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DevOps).
- Knowledge and experience applying Engineering or Quality standards such as ECSS branch or
- ISO9000 family standards.
- Hands-on experience in Software development methods and tools.
- Generation of metrics, indicators and dashboards, with focus on software quality and software development processes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Skilled in using the Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Outlook.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.