RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to work in Darmstadt, Germany.
The primary areas of responsibility for the Spacecraft Operations Engineer are the Integral Payload subsystems, Mission Planning system and On-board Software maintenance Support products engineering.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Study of Project specific Characteristics and Ground Segment Documentation
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
- Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
- Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Mission Management and Mission Planning Support Service
- On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service
- Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT)
- Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
- Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
- Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations
General Flight Control Support Service including:
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
- Testing of MCS and related ancillary systems software releases
- Testing of operational products, such as procedures, MIB, Mission planning files
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge (AOCS/DH/OBSM/Power/Thermal/TTC/Payload)
- Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations
- Experience in science operations and interfacing with instrument Principle Investigators / Science Operations Centers
- Familiarity with SCOS 2000 based MCS and relevant associated subsystems (DABYS….)
- Fluency in English, both speech and writing
- Coordination with other service providers in operations (team player)
- Interaction with other service providers in operations and other fields (e.g. science ground segment)
- Ability to work independently and innovatively
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Some experience in dealing with external interfaces like instrument PIs, SOCs
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- Familiarity with MOIS automation interfacing with a SCOS-2000 MCS
- Familiarity with Ground station scheduling processes
- Familiarity with change control of operational products and documentation processes
Reference number: 617