Engineering the world with you
We are currently looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to work at our client’s premises in the city of Darmstadt, Germany.
The key person will provide support to the EarthCARE mission. The Spacecraft Operations Engineer may also be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services, including test, validation and operation of the Mission Control System, Mission Planning System and Simulator.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Operations Supervision.
- Anomaly Handling.
- Mission Planning
- Tools, MIB and FOP Maintenance.
- Validation and Deployment of Ground Systems updates.
- Management and coordination of internal mission interfaces.
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis and Reporting.
- Phase Execution (Eclipses Ops, Fly-by, Remote Sensing Windows, etc.).
- On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service.
- Engineering Model Maintenance.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- Spacecraft subsystem knowledge (AOCS/DH/OBSM/Power/ Thermal/TTC/Payload).
- Coordination and interaction with other service providers in operations, and with other entities such as PI teams or Science Ground Segment.
- Machine learning experience.
- Experience in scripting / programming.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment.
- Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000.
- Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat.
- Familiarity with deep space missions operations.
- Familiarity with MOIS.
- Familiarity with Onboard Control Procedures maintenance lifecycle.