RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer to work at our client’s premises in the city of Darmstadt, Germany.
The key person will be part of the ESOC Flight Dynamics division, which provides Mission Analysis and Flight Dynamics operations support to ESA and third party missions during all mission phases.
The Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer will be assigned to the Lagrange Point and Interplanetary Missions.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Trajectory Optimisation for interplanetary transfer and science phases.
- Navigation and Guidance, including Optical Navigation for Mission Analysis Concurrent Design Studies for space missions.
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms, covariance and Monte-Carlo analysis.
- Support to project, scientists and industry, participation in reviews.
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in Trajectory Optimisation, including the multi-body problem.
- Experience in Navigation and Guidance techniques for Mission Analysis activities.
- Experience in Software Development: C++, Python, modern software development tools like git, CI/CD, CMake, docker and parallel computation techniques.
- Experience in Mission Analysis Tools Development: local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms, covariance and Monte-Carlo analysis, environmental models, numerical integration techniques.
- Knowledge about operational and ground segment aspect in the mission/architecture design.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Proven working experience in the field of Flights Dynamics operations.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.