RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a System Engineer that would be based in the city of Darmstadt, Germany.
He/She will provide system-engineering expertise services for the MMEs upgrades within EUMETSAT.
The System Engineer shall contribute to the ground segments requirements analysis, MME services definitions, MME architectural design, requirements implementation, testing, verification, and validation of the MME parts of future/to be upgraded Ground Segments and provide support expertise to the Ground Segments integration, verification and validation.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Ground segments requirements analysis.
- MME services definitions.
- MME architectural design.
- Requirements implementation, testing, verification, and validation of the MME parts of future/to be upgraded Ground Segments.
- Provide support expertise to the Ground Segments integration, verification and validation.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the analysis and generation of requirements, development, testing, operations and maintenance of ground segments.
- Experience in the field of systems engineering and architectural design for ground segment systems.
- Capability to prepare and maintain services specifications.
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems.
- Experience in writing technical requirements.
- Experience in interface management and familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition.
- Capability to prepare and maintain ICDs (Interface Control Documents).
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards.
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS).
- High degree of working autonomy.
- Problem solving and good analytical skills.
- High degree of interpersonal awareness.
- Experience in working as part of a multicultural team.
- Ability to perform regular (e.g. weekly), context switch.
- Practical knowledge in service-based approach for defining services specifications (e.g. ITIL).
- Experience in one or more of the following activities:
- Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems.
- Testing coordination and execution and verification activities.
- Data distribution and dissemination.
- Ground Segment Monitoring.
- Archive systems.
- Computer systems, Network systems and IT Security.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Practical knowledge in tool-based requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORs).
- Practical knowledge in Model Based System Engineering (e.g. Enterprise Architect).
- Practical knowledge in the definition and formalization of interfaces between complex systems.
- Practical knowledge in Configuration Control X.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
About Rhea Group
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.