RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for a Biomass AIV Manager to work in the city of Frascati, Italy.
The Biomass AIV Manager will provide management and specialised engineering support to the Biomass Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) manager for the Phase C/D/E1.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Preparation and maintenance of the PDGS Integration and Validation Test Plan.
- Preparation and maintenance of the PDGS Integration and Validation Test Specification.
- Contribution to the preparation of Tests Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Coordination and execution of the PDGS Integration and Validation tests.
- Analysis of the PDGS Integration and Validation test results and generation of test reports.
- Contribution to PDGS Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards.
- Support to generation of the GS Validation Plan.
- Support to generation of the GS Validation Procedures.
- Preparation, organisation and execution of the GS Validation test.
- Support to the analysis and reporting of the GS Validation test results.
- Participation to the GS Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards.
- Support to management of the Anomaly Reports resulting from the test execution, and coordination of the implementation of mitigation actions.
- Support to the management of the operators training and contribution to preparation of operational/ training documentation.
- Support to the definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan.
- Support to the preparation and execution of PDGS commissioning activities.
- Support to the preparation of the launch and implementation of rehearsal activities.
- PDGS system behaviour monitoring and reporting during commissioning.
- Support to preparation of the Operational set-up for phase E2 and for the PDGS Transfer To Operations.
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the Project lifetime.
- Operations of the various supporting tools (e.g. Documentation Management System).
- Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews organised either by ESA or by Industry.
- Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in engineering.
- Strong experience in integration and validation test activities, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segments.
- Good ability to plan ahead and follow schedule of testing activity.
- Experience in System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification and resolution.
- Experience or knowledge of the ECSS standards and as an asset documentation and configuration control management techniques.
- Knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset.
- Programming skills (in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation).
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.