RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Web Application Expert to work in the RHEA Office in city of Frascati, Italy. Possibility to start remotely.
The Web Application Expert will contribute to develop a web portal for the discovery and comparison of ESA’s Earth Observation services.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Being part of development team for the Discovery and select component of the NoR Portal.
- Develop the front end of the module with focus on usability and UX. Develop the back end of such component.
- Participate in the Agile meetings and processes.
- Have technical discussion with project partners developing other components.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in computer science, geo-informatics or a technical field that provides similar competences.
- 2-4 years of experience in Web Portal and/or Web application design and implementation.
- Practical experience with Agile approach (e.g. SCRUM methodology), Kanban Boards, Sprint Backlog,
- User Stories definition and XP Programming techniques as TDD.
- Practical experiences with CI/CD software packages.
- Practical experiences with tools for software versioning (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Practical experiences in Responsive Web Design and mobile first approach.
- Practical experience using languages like C#, Ruby, Java focused on web development.
- Practical experience using Boostrap framework.
- Practical experience in designing of RESTful API services.
- Practical experience in Databases (relational and / or NoSQL).
- Practical experience using Python and Linux command line scripting (e.g. bash).
- 2-4 years of experience in Linux system.
Reference number: 630