RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
For an exciting project in the domain of Low Orbit satellite engineering activities, we are currently looking for an experienced Satellite Operations Design Engineer, for a role that can be carried in different beautiful cities of Italy, including Rome, Milan, Pisa or in Southern Italy.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include the following tasks:
- Satellite Operations Design definition, including specifications, planification and validation for Earth Observation missions.
- Definition of commissioning and operations plan of EO projects.
- Evaluation of Space to Ground interface specifications and flight operations manuals.
- Participation in the operational interface definition between the platform and payload systems and also between the ground segment and the satellite simulator.
- Production and thorough up-date of the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures.
- V&V activities planification and coordination.
- Support to the training and improvement plans for the Ground Segment team
- Satellite on-call support coordination and anomalies monitoring.
Skills and Experience
You have the following skills and experience:
- A University degree in Aerospace, Space Studies, Sciences, Aeronautical Engineering, or other relevant disciplines;
- More than 5 years of experience in satellite operations design / engineering for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) space missions;
- Proven experience in operational validation, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- Experience with SCOS-2000 based mission control centers;
- Experience in managing complex space operations;
- Experience in coordinating a team of S/C controllers;
- Participation in satellite performance monitoring, anomaly analysis and solving;
- Knowledge of Satellite Ground Segment facility development;
- Strong teamwork capabilities and good interpersonal skills;
- Proven reporting and communication skills;
- A proactive and problem-solving mindset;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English; knowledge of Italian is an asset.
Reference number: 609
Contact: German Cingerli – International Technical Recruiter