RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Telecommunications Engineer to work at RHEA in Luxembourg.
The key individual will support our projects delivery team based in Windhof, Luxembourg. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the Space communications and cybersecurity domains. As a Telecommunications Engineer, you will be involved in the specification, design, development, validation and delivery of bespoken projects, systems and services.
Your mission will be to participate, from design up to delivery and operations, to the end-to-end Architecture of the space/cyber systems and solutions developed in Luxembourg, and to ensure their compliance and certification against applicable regulatory rules and best-practices. You will work closely within the RHEA System Luxembourg team, being involved in the concrete elaboration and delivery of projects to the clients, by contributing to the required Telecommunications solutions.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Being involved in complex system R&D activities involving advanced concepts such as 5G/6G, quantum communications and cyber testbeds.
- Performing Telecommunications system requirements elicitation from defined use-cases, user requirements.
- Partitioning and apportioning the overall system requirements into the various Telecommunications components from baseband signalling to the RF waveforms.
- Collaborating on designing and developing end-to-end Telecommunications systems and solutions including concept, design, specification, implementation, integration, release, and maintenance.
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality, competitive proposals in response to customer Invitations to Tender (ITTs) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Supporting the realization of projects within the agreed budget, specification, and schedule.
- Working with on-site and off-site technical teams in coordination with project managers, system architects and solution engineers.
- Simulating end-to-end Telecommunications system via numerical tools, e.g., Maltab, SDK etc.
- Participating in customizing and configuring integrated end-to-end Telecommunications systems.
- Engaging with colleagues to enable transfer of knowledge.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- At least two years’ experience as a Telecommunications Engineer, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in DSP algorithms development and familiar with RF solutions.
- Programming skills in object oriented, procedural and functional programming languages, like C/C++, SDK, Python and Matlab.
- Familiar with:
- Network design, deployment, and operations in different OSI layers.
- Emerging Telecommunication technologies such as mmWave, MIMO, Massive MIMO.
- Knowledge/understanding of:
- European Space Agency (ESA) standards such as ECSS.
- Cybersecurity such as ISO standards concerning security topics.
- 3GPP standards in 4G and 5G.
- Relevant experience as a writer on technical proposals.
- The ability to build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve goals.
- Time management skills and the ability to work overtime when required.
- The ability to synthesize written content from diverse and concurrent sources.
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in agile development processes, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Relevant experience as technical lead and/or as part of the development of at least 1 medium-large sized project.
- Knowledge/understanding of 3GPP standards in 5G NTN
- Relevant experience in SDR devices such as USRPs and hardware development
- Familiar with GNU, RFNOC, LabVIEW
- Experience in Quantum Communications Infrastructures such as QKD
- Knowledge and understanding of Space Technologies and Telecommunications Systems.
- NATO and/or EU Security clearances. The candidate must be willing to undergo a security clearance procedure.
- Experience in programs/projects with the ESA and/or the European Commission.
- Cybersecurity experience.
- A working knowledge of another language, for example French or German.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.