Lead Concurrent Design Systems Engineer
RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Lead Concurrent Design Systems Engineer to work in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Concurrent design is a method to accelerate complex engineering projects in a series of workshops where the client, experts from various domains and system engineers work together to develop an integral consistent design based on shared understanding and rigorous design decisions.
RHEA has over 15 years of experience with the development and implementation of concurrent design in different engineering disciplines. With the concurrent design method not only do we support our customers in engineering studies (projects), we also partner with organizations in a transition process to transfer concurrent design as a work practice. The method improves the rigor and relevance of the study, accelerates the process, improves shared understanding and is more fun for the participants.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Planning of Concurrent Design activities with Company representatives and client representatives.
- Preparing Concurrent Design session agendas.
- Making a record of action items, decisions and information discussed during Concurrent Design sessions on company or client sites.
- Tracking Concurrent Design action items together with the client representatives.
- Conducting Concurrent Design sessions on company or client sites.
- Assisting CDP4-COMET use by the client team.
- Assisting the creation and preparation of training material for the purpose of delivering Concurrent Design training on company or client site.
- Training the client team on the topic of Concurrent Design on company or client sites.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Able to structure complex information.
- Analytical skills and a general understanding of complex systems.
- An eye for rigor.
- Previous skills and experience in planning, organizing and monitoring large projects.
- Capable of being precise when structuring and documenting information and monitoring and reporting progress.
- Goal focused and open/approachable.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Comfortable engaging with people at different levels within an organization.
- A strong working knowledge of English and Dutch.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of MBSE (COMET/Capella/SysML).
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.