Microwave/Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer
RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
On behalf of ESA, we are looking for an Mm-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer to work at ESTEC’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF Passive equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments, e.g. Filters, Multiplexers, Butler matrices, Switches, Ferrite devices.
- Provide expert technical support to ESA Projects in the area of RF passive equipment and technologies including RF breakdown phenomena i.e. Multipaction and Corona.
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Contribute to the definition of technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university Master’s degree in Physics, Microwave, Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering.
- Several years of experience in the development of RF Passive equipment, components and technologies.
- Good understanding of space environment and development constraints of RF equipment and technologies for space applications.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Project support skills and experience in management of R&D activities.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.