Engineering the world with you
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
On behalf of ESA, we are looking for a Microwave Technology and Equipment Engineer to work at ESTEC’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Developing, operating and maintaining the Time and Frequency laboratory in ESTEC and its associated analysis/simulation tools.
- Developing test beds and software tools for the control and performance characterization of Time and
- Frequency equipment such as atomic clocks, timing references, oscillators, time and frequency transfer, etc.
- Contributing to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of Time and Frequency equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Maintaining state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
- After an initial period of training, you will also be tasked with:
- Developing test beds for the characterization of spaceborne RF equipment for GNSS, Telecom, Earth Observation and Science missions.
- Providing technical support to ESA Projects and R&D activities in timing, synchronization and developing time and frequency equipment.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s degree in Physics, Microwave, Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering with at least four years’ relevant experience.
- Extensive and proven experience in the domain of microwave components, equipment and/or technologies.
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of time and frequency systems/sub-systems e.g. in timing laboratories.
- Knowledge of time and frequency equipment, components and technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer focus and ability to work autonomously.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Experience in testing of RF equipment and/or RF Payloads.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge.
- This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Competitive remuneration packages;
- Unique career opportunities,
- Including working in other countries;
- Personalized training and development programmes;
- Flexible relocation support.
We strongly encourage applications from all nationalities, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, men, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel to apply.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace