Engineering the world with you
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
On behalf of ESA, we are looking for a Project Controller to work at ESTEC’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The key individual is expected to be or become familiar with ESA’s rules and regulations for tender actions, placing of contracts and the related monitoring, control and reporting on industrial contracts and ESA internal expenditures. You will also be required to interface with colleagues in CIP-C especially for the BIC (Business Incubation Centres), TTP (Technology Transfer Programme) and downstream gateway projects as well as with D/TEC, the Finance and Procurement Departments
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition of, and maintaining, related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring the implementation of the programmes and of activities, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing/checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:Supporting the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Supporting the proposal evaluations, as an expert, for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Supporting the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up on the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling the timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases.
- In the field of programme industrial return:Initiating and coordinating the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verifying the coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintaining a list of specific compensation or improvement measures and following-up the implementation.
- Verifying the coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Supporting programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining the related data (ensuring it is up-to-date), performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and the production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operating the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Supporting the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Supporting the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) or an MBA (or equivalent) from a recognized institution of secondary studies or an equivalent qualification in Business Administration with relevant experience.
- Several years of experience in project or financial control.
- Highly proficient in planning and project control tools, office automation software and databases such as MS Office (including Excel) and SAP.
- Ability to work well autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- The ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific contexts and environments including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken).
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes.
- Good knowledge of Tableau.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional
- knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.