RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to work in Noordwijk. You will have the opportunity to provide secretarial and administrative support to ESA organisational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein) based at ESTEC.
Tasks and Activities
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Completed secondary education and professional training in administrative and/or clerical support.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- High level of flexibility as well as initiative and team spirit.
- Easy contact with personnel and well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the requested tasks.
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools, in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Ability to communicate with industry counterparts in the execution of the project specific tasks.
- Capacity to identify priority actions and handle high workload.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position.
HAYDÉE REVILLO AFONSO