RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
You will have the opportunity to be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division at the European Space Agency.
You will provide project support related to all technical aspects; development and qualification of flight software. You will also provide general support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
Tasks and Activities
- Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics.
- Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software.
- Task within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
- Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set.
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology programme.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- You have in particular experience with:Software engineering and object-oriented programming
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
- Software Engineering tools
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- You will be able to function as part of a team. Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience with embedded real-time software development.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.