RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer, with focus on GNSS signal, to work in Noordwijk.
Tasks and Activities
Support and expertise to ESA activities enabling GNSS in safety-critical verticals/applications:
- Provide expertise and engineering support to ESA in the frame of its activities aiming to enable Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) in safety-critical verticals (e.g. Railway, Maritime, Civil Aviation, etc.), develop and demonstrate the associated concepts, technologies, solutions and standards.
This includes in particular:
- Support and provide expertise to ESA in the frame of Working Groups, standardisation bodies, etc., survey and report to ESA the state-of-the-art and its evolutions;
- Support monitoring of industrial and R&D activities (participate to reviews, support the preparation of those activities, etc.);
- Analyse and simulate performance, solutions and concepts to enable GNSS in critical applications perform and participate to field campaigns, experiments, etc.
Support and expertise for PVT assurance activities:
- Expertise to analyse, define, design and test concepts, technologies and solutions (existing or innovative) in the field of Position Velocity Timing (PNT) assurance using GNSS and other Position Navigation Timing (PNT) technologies.
- Support ESA initiatives in this area with the update and/or development of SW, User Equipment algorithms, simulation tools (system, algorithms, etc.) and testbed involving software.
- Testing of commercial solutions using laboratory tools and field trials.
Support and expertise relating to cybersecurity of RF systems:
- Expertise to analyse, define, design and test concepts, technologies and solutions in the field cyber security for Radio Frequency (RF) systems, covering transversally all application and scientific domains.
- Support ESA initiatives in this area with the update and/or development of algorithms, simulation tools (system, algorithms, etc.) and testbed.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies (University, Ecole supérieure, etc.) or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities.
- Expertise in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Fluency in English.
- Eligibility to obtain a personal security clearance.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects.
HAYDÉE REVILLO AFONSO